What are the criteria for entry?
- To enter Startup World, your startup must have been launched within the last 2 years
- If your startup has received external funding, it can only be funding up to $1MIL USD
- You must have a demonstrable product or service
- You must be prepared to talk about your product and service in public and have it demonstrated and recorded for public broadcast
- Pitch and application documents must be in English or you must provide a translator
- The startup can be across any field; clean tech or consumer tech for example, but must be for profit
What are the judging criteria?
There are five main judging criteria:
- How innovative/disruptive the idea is
- How scalable the technology is
- How innovative the pitch is
- Global reach
- Human impact