reelyActive Wins Startup World!
More than a year in the making, Canada's reelyActive was named 'World's Best Technology Startup' at the grand final competition of Startup World. ReelyActive, led by CEO Jeffrey Dungen and CTO Pier-Olivier Genest, identify real-world context to facilitate a wide variety of applications. reelyActive technology captures real-time snapshots of people, places and things at meaningful points of interest. Their novel radio hardware provides a cost-effective, plug-and-play means to identify and locate wireless devices. Their software associates the identified people and “things” with their existing online data. Congratulations to the team!
Startup World finalists flew from all over the world to compete to be crowned the Global Winner and while there can only be one winner, the judges wanted to recognize some outsanding startups in select categories.
- Best Mobile Startup - Geddit (Berlin, Germany)
- Most Innovative Startup - Placemeter (New York City)
- Best Enterprise Startup - Modebo (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Most Human Impact Startup - Change Heroes (Vancouver, Canada)
All of this would not have been possible without the help and support from our sponsors. We'd like to give a very special thank you to i/o ventures, Tropo, Rackspace, American Airlines, Plug and Play, Parisoma, and VentureBeat. Be sure to follow our blog and like us on Facebook to stay updated for next year! Thank you all for being a part of this!
Erick, Hermione and the Startup World team.
- reelyActive Wins Startup World!
- Announcing VentureBeat and TechZulu as Media Partners For the Startup World Finale
- Startup World North America Recap!
- Startup World Advisor Violette Uwamutara Wins ABIE Change Agent Award
- Announcing Our Vancouver Finalists!
- Announcing Our Miami Finalists!
- Announcing Our New York City Finalists!
- Plug and Play Partners With Startup World to Connect International Entrepreneurs to Silicon Valley
- Announcing Our Montreal Finalists!
- Announcing Our New Creative Director
- All Posts…